Key features of the new UI Designer include:
- The Window / Dialog size is no longer restricted to the size of the monitor. The window / dialog box can be designed to any size with scrolling and zoom functions.
- Windows and Dialogs for each procedure step are edited in independent editors allowing changes to different procedure step UI designs to be saved independently.
- Property sheets are used to specify all of the window and control properties, eliminating the need for most secondary pop-up dialog boxes.
- The co-ordinates and sizes of controls can be directly entered as property values to allow precise positioning, or the keyboard arrow keys used to precisely move controls one pixel at a time.
- You can design the layout of controls before binding controls to specific views, allowing you to define the views after you have decided what controls are required.
- Commonly used controls can be placed in a shared 'snippet' library for easy reuse.